If you are looking to go camping for a weekend and want to pack light check out this great list of space saving items, great for a weekend with the family or just for someone to get away with the essentials.
This is not a post just about a weekend camping on the bike, just using my experience on the bike to show you some great items that can make life a lot easier!
A place to Sleep, getting the right tent!
I would say that the tent is the most important item on your list, its a place to stay warm and dry. Plus it’s your home for the duration, now as we are talking about packing light I will be recommending the best tent for this situation. The Coleman Darwin 2 is perfect for this….
End Date: Thursday Aug-6-2020 10:58:17 BST
Buy It Now for only: £54.10
Buy It Now | Add to watch list
- Easy to erect double polyester tent with covered entrance
- Outside with a PU coating, flame retardant, UV resistant and taped seams
- Inner tent with D-shaped door, zip with double runner, PE ground sheet and a ring & pin setup system
- The closable ventilation openings are fitted with a spacer
- Supplied complete with carry bag, fibreglass curved poles, guy ropes and pegs
It packs down very light and easily fits two medium sized people and a few belongings, but it’s better just for one person and will give plenty of room for all your belongings.
Something to sleep on
Once your tent is sorted you need something to sleep on, and these days light self inflating airbeds are small light and easy to blow up. These airbeds are not as comfortable as a standard airbed but they do offer a bit if comfort, between you and the cold hard floor. The plus is that they literally fold up into a fist sized bundle, you blow them up with your own lungs which takes seconds.
This particular one I am recommending stays inflated all night
|£25.00 (0 Bids)|
End Date: Sunday Jul-12-2020 19:04:04 BST
Bid now | Add to watch list
- 【ULTRA COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHT】The newest honeycomb design,Inflating size : 190 x 60 x 6.5 cm,Folding size:23X10cm, Weight only 600g,Ultralight and compact for you to take it in your car or backpack to anywhere. After inflating, large enough for adults and kids to use. Also come with a elastic strap and a carrying bag for your better packing.
- 【WATERPROOF & DURABLE】The air mattress ia made of the premium ultralight 40D Nylon fabric and TPU, Firmer and more durable than the old 20D,Performance better in Waterproof, Air Tightness, Abrasion-resistant and Tear-resistant to ensure its comfortable, long-lasting, durable and easy to clean with ragif there is a hole on the mat,the package includes a repair of adhesive patches included.
- 【Double VALVE & PILLOW ATTACHED】Double way valve design, Prevent air leakage when inflation and faster deflation,The pillow adopts the curved support position design,More suitable for the back neck curve,Sleep is more comfortable. The pillow adopts a separate inflatable hole, You can adjust the height of the pillow according to needed, More Humanize design.
- 【UPDATE ATTACHMENT 】the four corners of the air Mattress have a copper diameter of 1cm, which can be fixed on the ground nail by cotton rope to prevent the mattress from being blown away by the wind.More safe .(free 4 pcs cotton rope)
- 【WIDELY APPLICATIONS】Moisture-proof Sleep Mat Entertainment Inflatable Pads Suitable for Camping, Hiking, Mountaineering,Beach Sunbathing,Fishing,Family Garden Gathering, Outdoor Activities or Office Lunch Breaks,Home Sleeping Pad, Hospitality Mattresses,on Your Chair, or Even On Sofa, Living Room Floor or Any Hard Surface. Your Best Travel Pad Partner.
And the rest?
Once you have all the above sorted then the rest is kind of personal but here is a list of all the stuff I used on my last trip.